Nesco electric digital pressure cooker
The key reason why anyone would choose to use a digital pressure cooker is simple. An electric pressure cooker allows the cook to save more than half their preparation time. For home use, this is a vital and useful feature. You can prepare a roast or any meat dishes in substantially less time, which allows you and your family to eat healthily and deliciously each night.
Below, we review the Nesco range of pressure cookers, and after looking at the features, we should be able to determine if these digital pressure cookers are an appliance worth adding to anyone’s kitchen. Here is our Nesco pressure cooker review
Who is Nesco
Nesco is a small appliance manufacturer that originally started in the early 1930’s in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In 1981 the brand was bought by The Metal Ware Corporation and reinvented itself as a high-quality and affordable small appliance manufacturer. For almost 75 years, Nesco has been helping families prepare their meals.
The Nesco range of electronic cooking appliances are available at retailers throughout the Unites States and Canada, and they are actively expanding into other international markets.
Nesco digital pressure cookers
Nesco Pressure Cookers have all the features of other pressure cookers. You can cook your food using the pressure, or with steam, or you can simply use it as a slow cooker. The key benefit of using the digital pressure cooker is that you can prepare healthy home-cooked meals in less than half the time that any traditional stove top cooking method would have.
When you consider that fact that the pressure cooker features a variety of programmable options, it is very simple, convenient and much quicker to serve healthy and well-cooked meals to your family every night of the week.
Nesco Pressure Cooker Features
A simple look at the features of these digital pressure cookers show that they are feature rich and simple to use
- A self-locking mechanism will automatically keep the lid locked as long as there is pressure inside the cooking pot
- An airtight seal is maintained with a gasket between the pot and the lid which keeps a secure and trustworthy seal for pressurized cooking.
- The lid features a pressure regulator with settings. The dial allows you to set the cooker to “seal” so that you can cook with pressure, or “vent” so that you can cook without pressure.
- The Nesco Pressure Cooker has two pressure settings: 5psi for low pressure cooking (for vegetables, custards, and similar meals) and 10psi for high-pressure cooking (for meat, chicken or roasts).
- The user has the option of using two pressure release methods: Natural release, which can take up to 20 minutes for the cooker to cool down once cooking is done. The second method is Manual Release, which causes the steam and pressure to escape instantly.
- The Nesco Pressure Cooker is very easy to use and simple to clean
- The pressure cooker has five pre-set programs: Pressure Cook, Steam Cook, Slow Cook, Brown, and Warm. The settings are also customizable so that you can have a perfectly prepared, delicious meal every time.
- A timer can be set for up to 8 hours.
- The Pressure cooker’s inner pot is quickly removable and is completely dishwasher safe.
Digital pressure cooker Pro’s
- Programmable – Just throw your ingredients into the pot and use the programs to allow the electric pressure cooker to start even while you are out. By the time you get home – your meal will be done.
- Simple to use – Put your ingredients into the pot. Lock the lid. Select which program to use.
- Quick to clean – The cooker has a non-stick pot that makes washing by hand or even in the dishwasher a simple and quick task
- Drastically reduce your cooking time – Compared to traditional stovetop cooking methods, by using a pressure cooker your cooking time can be shortened by up to 70%.
- Once the cooking program is complete, the cooker will automatically switch to warm. This will keep the meal at a perfect temperature until you are ready to serve it.
- A steamer rack allows you to, in the last few minutes of the cook, add some vegetables that can be deliciously steamed.
- One pot cooking – Have less to clean and no mess using a single pot to brown your vegetables and meats before sealing for a pressure cook.
- The Nesco Pressure Cooker features soft-touch digital keys and an easy to read LED display. So simple to use!
- All pre-set settings can be modified according to your unique preferences.
- The Nesco Pressure Cookers are very affordable.
Nesco electric digital pressure cooker Cons and problems
The only real cons we could see is that some vegetables would fall through the rack while steaming. A steaming basket would be a better option.
The only real problem a user may face when using one of these pressure cookers is that you need to make sure that the gasket is in good condition. It is also important to not plug too many other appliances into the same plug point since all digital pressure cookers draw a lot of power and there is a risk of shorting out the plugs.
Nesco Pressure cooker parts
The digital pressure cookers come with the following parts:
- Cooker base
- Removable Cooking Pot
- Lockable Lid
- Gasket seal
- Cooking and Steaming Rack
- Power Cord
The Nesco Pressure Cooker Range:
These electric digital pressure cookers come in 3 Ranges:
- 4 Liter Electric Pressure Cooker, four functions in one Unit – 4 Liter capacity and four appliances in one: Pressure Cooker, Steamer, Slow Cooker and Rice Cooker
- 6 Liter Electric Pressure Cooker, three functions in one Unit – 6 Liter capacity and three appliances in one: Pressure Cooker, Steamer, and Slow Cooker
- 6 Liter Electric Pressure Cooker, four functions in one Unit – 6 Liter capacity and four appliances in one: Pressure Cooker, Steamer, Slow Cooker and Rice Cooker
These electric digital pressure cookers are very easy to use and are highly recommended for anyone needing an all-in-one cooker. In this Nesco Pressure Cooker review, we considered the convenience and the price and decided that this is the best multi-function cooker available. Buy one today and save yourself hours of preparation time at an affordable price.