The Ultimate Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60 Review
When was the last time you used a pressure cooker that truly satisfied your cooking needs? If you can’t recall then most likely you haven’t tried the Instant Pot 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker from Instant Pot. With six multi-functions, this appliance allows you to steam, warm, brown, sauté, slow-cook and cook rice very easily and quickly. But that is not all. By the end of this Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60 review, you will have gained deep insight into how this cooker can improve your cooking experience.
Who the Product Is Meant For
The performance of this highly rated pressure cooker tends towards perfection. That should not come as a surprise because it features a powerful embedded microprocessor and 3rd generation technology.
Its maximum operating power is 1000 watts. However, it is designed with highly tested and proven safety mechanisms. Therefore, we can comfortably state that it is meant to be used by pretty much anybody who is not afraid of modern technology and who is old enough to make a meal.
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60 Features
The Instant Pot 6-in-1 pressure cooker is a counter-top appliance. It is electric and although it is designed in Canada, the actual manufacture and assembly happens in China. Below are five of its most notable features:
Very well built
The first and most notable feature of this pressure cooker is how well it is built. The inner pot (where food cooks) is made of stainless steel and has a 3-ply base. Whereas stainless steel conducts heat and ensures that the inner part doesn’t rust, the 3-ply base insulates the cooker against heat loss and also ensures that the base doesn’t conduct electricity.
Its construction includes a variety of adjustable modes. They include three sauté temperatures and three slow cooker temperatures. The cooker is also fitted with a delay timer that can delay cooking for up to 24 hours. Other construction features include 1000W heating element for very fast cooking, a measuring scale that ranges from 2 to 10 cups and an automatic Keep Warm function that ensures food remains warm long after it has cooked.
As mentioned already in the introductory part of this Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60 review, the cooker features 6 functions – steaming, warming, browning, sauting, slow-cooking and rice-cooking. In addition to the functions, it has 10 cooking programs for soup, meat/stew, poultry, congee, steam, rice, slow cooking, sauté, beans/chili and manual settings. The 6 functions and 10 programs ensure that every type of food cooks to perfection. You don’t need to put a lot of effort to the cooking process.
Now, with regards to the actual pressure cooking, the cooker only requires you to move the lid’s valve to Sealing. After that you will have to select a cooking program (or manual mode). Note that you can adjust the time and heat of a program by pressing the Adjust button. Once that is done, the cooker’s LED display will indicate On to show that it is in the process of attaining the selected temperature. After about 6 to 8 minutes, it will produce a clicking sound. That is meant to alert you that the automatic lid locking mechanism has been activated.
Once the cooker attains the ideal pressure, it will begin to countdown the remaining cook time. Once the time elapses, it will shift automatically to the Keep Warm mode. The pots pressure will be released when you open it. There are three ways of doing so. The first option is to move the lid’s valve from Sealing to Venting. The second option is to press the Cancel button and release the pressure naturally. The final option involves unplugging the unit.
As you might have noted, this unit gives you a variety of options as far as cooking and releasing pressure go.
High safety standards
It would be unfair not to mention the safety standards of the pot in this Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60 review. Although most modern electric pressure cookers are generally safe, this Instant Pot Pressure Cooker can be termed as outstanding in the sense that it is designed with 10 proven safety mechanisms.
- Has a safety lid lock that prevents accidental opening
- Uses a magnetic sensor to detect whether the lid is closed properly
- Fitted with a pressure regulator that ensures the pressure is always under the safety limit of 15.23 psi
- Comes with a smart detector for leaks
- Features an automatic pressure controller for keeping pressure within the safe range
- Has a mechanism for releasing excess and dangerous pressure into the internal chamber
- Regulates temperature depending on the type of food that you are cooking
- Features high temperature monitoring that ensures food doesn’t burn
- Has an anti-blockage vent design that minimizes chances of food residue blocking the vent
- Cuts off power automatically if the internal temperature exceeds pre-determined safety limits
All the 10 mechanisms work to ensure that the IP-LUX60 is one of the safest pressure cookers in the market.
Durable pressure cooker
This pressure cooker is very durably. If you buy it you should be confident that it will serve you for a very long time. Its durable nature originates from the fact that it cleans up really well. The inner pot can be washed in a dishwasher while the outer body can be wiped thoroughly. On the other hand, the lid can be hand-washed.
Comes with beneficial accessories
The last (but definitely not the least) feature that will be highlighted in this Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60 review is the fact that it is accompanied by amazing accessories. They include the following:
- A rice paddle
- A soup ladle
- A 6 oz measuring cup
- Extra tall trivet
- 57″ cord
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
Compare with other similar pressure cooker
So how does the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60 compare with other similar products? Below are two comparisons that feature two other pressure cookers. They have been chosen because they highly resemble the product under review.
Cuisinart EPC-1200 Pressure Cooker vs. Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60
- they are very similar in design and both can reach pressure in about 11 minutes. However, whereas the IP-LUX60 records just about 2% evaporation, EPC-1200 records up to 4%; and at $91.39, it is more expensive than the former.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker vs. Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60
- they are made by the same manufacturer. However, the IP-DUO60 7-in-1 has more functions than the IP-LUX60 6-in-1 and it even has a yoghurt maker. Furthermore, whereas the IP-LUX60 6-in-1 is a well-rounded cooker, the former is more outstanding in cooking rice. It comes at a higher price ($114.86) than its IP-LUX60 counterpart.
INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER IP-LUX60 Pros Vs Cons
- Comes with 10 mart programs
- Very understandable and easy-to-use panel
- Fitted with a LED display for easy control
- Doesn’t require constant checking
- Cooks healthy food because of the various functions and programs
- Very safe
- Can keep food warm for long
- Has a PSI of 11. That is lower than most other pressure cookers that have PSIs of 15.
- Could be a bit complicated for a first-timer.
From this Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-LUX60 review, you must have noticed that this unit has more strengths than flaws. It is no wonder that customers have given it a 4.6 star rating out of the possible 5 stars. Therefore, if you want a modern and high-performing pressure cooker then look no further than this one. It will serve you in ways that most others cannot.